Date(s) - 15th January 2021
7:30 am - 9:45 am
All Saints Church, Wrington
Ruth Rogers, Violin; Katherine Jenkinson ‘cello; Martin Cousin, piano
The Aquinas Piano trio quickly became one of the most sought-after ensembles in the country and have thrilled Churchill Music audiences on many occasions. We are delighted to welcome them back to perform a sublime piano trio by Mozart, a rare and unique set of movements by Elgar as well as a passionate and heart-wrenching work by Smetana. The last work was written after Smetana had lost his beloved four year old daughter and his deeply moving composition reflects that profound outpouring of emotion. This is certainly a concert not to be missed.
This concert is kindly sponsored by Anne and Hugh.
Champions of Churchill Music £12.50
Non Champions 16.50
Under 18’s £4.50
Alternatively, or for further information, contact Mary Smallwood:
Bramble Cottage, Dinghurst Road, Churchill BS25 5PJ
To ensure the best possible concert experience for you, please follow the general guidelines for everyone’s reassurance and safety:
- If you are feeling unwell on the day, or have been in contact with someone with COVID, then we are confident that you will not come, but we need to say this!!
- Lateral Flow test: We strongly recommend that everyone attending carries out one of those very simple Lateral Flow tests within the previous 24 hours of the concert. They are easy to do but if you haven’t got the kit, you now need a ‘collect code’. Click here for how to get your ‘collect code’.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided in church. We recommend that everyone uses it on entry.
- Face Masks: At the moment, it is not mandatory to wear a face mask but we think that they offer some protection to yourself and others, particularly whilst moving around the church. Feel free to keep them on during the performance.
- Wide Aisles: All Saints has wonderfully wide aisles allowing you to socially distance whilst choosing your seat. Once selected, it is best to stay in your seats.
- Cushions and warm clothes: All Saints has under floor heating – BLISS – BUT we will need to have the doors open, so please wear warm clothes – even bring a rug. Sadly we cannot provide our lovely cushions for you, so simply bring one!
- Interval refreshments: There WILL be interval refreshments available as usual and even a few packets of savouries. Please wear your mask and social distance in the queue, you will be served just as quickly with our new system. We have a contactless card reader if you prefer to pay that way to avoid handling cash.
- Seating: Your seats are unreserved. We recommend that you leave a suitable space between you and anyone outside of your group/‘bubble’ for your comfort and reassurance.
- Programmes: Programmes will be on your seats to avoid unnecessary handling of cash. We will have a retiring collection for these so please bring some spare cash.
NB These guidelines will be updated regularly.