We present five concerts each year in a relaxed and intimate setting. Offering a wide variety of genres at affordable prices, we aim to explore all aspects of the arts through music.
Welcome to Churchill Music – a charity which is an oasis of musical excellence in the beautiful Somerset village of Churchill, 15 miles to the south of Bristol.
New: Watch a video of Sheku and Isata Kanneh-Mason as they joined us at Churchill.
Churchill Music exists to promote musical excellence through performance and in partnership with schools. Our activities include:
- A series of five concerts each year, given by top professionals at affordable prices.
- Music Helps us Learn, a 12-minute film showing everyone – from teachers and governors to parents and policy makers – how to put music at the heart of primary schools.
- Young Churchill Music where national and international musicians present workshops and conduct innovative projects in primary and secondary school in addition to working with community groups.
- An annual Churchill Music Young Musician of the Year Competition for students at Churchill Academy, encouraging and rewarding technical excellence, performance skills and presentation.
- A specially commissioned song cycle to celebrate the Olympic and Paralympic Values – Respect, Excellence, Friendship, Courage, Equality, Determination and Inspiration.
The values are incorporated in 5 songs for all choirs ranging from year 5 & 6 Primary schools to professional choirs.
With support from The National Lottery through Arts Council England, ‘The Same Flame’ was composed by Thomas Hewett Jones with lyrics by poet and broadcaster Matt Harvey. The music is published by Boosey & Hawkes.
To support us, please consider becoming a Champion of Churchill Music – receive special ticket prices, our spirited newsletters, and special rates for selected concerts at the Colston Hall, Bristol.
Churchill Music is an established partner of St George’s Bristol for projects in the areas of concert promotion and education. We share a passion for the way music can enrich the lives of children and adults alike, as well as a keen desire to bring the very best artists to the South West. This forms the basis of a relationship that explores all potential avenues of collaboration.
Churchill Music is proud to be a partner in Music Education Partnership, North Somerset. This alliance of local providers, regional bodies and national organisations aims to respond strategically to local music education needs. It will help all those passionate about the importance of young people’s music-making to use joined-up thinking to ensure the best possible education opportunities and support for all young people.